Sales Effectiveness is not guaranteed on the merit of the product alone. It is a conscious exercise keeping in mind the following 10 ideas.
- Selection – Recruiting and selecting the right talent needed for each sales position is the single most important skill of sales management.
- Raising the Bar– Sales training and service improvement is an outcome of deliberate, planned actions over time, at all levels. “Raising the bar” must be the primary objective of sales and service leadership.
- Sales Process – Documenting your channel sales management methodology and Best Practices both for salespeople and sales managers provides a Framework of Excellence for improving your selling system. Once documented, the sales process drives hiring, coaching, training, and marketing support efforts.
- Change – People change behaviors because they want to, because the value of change is compelling, and because it benefits them significantly as individuals. If you want to change selling behaviors, actively engage your people in the solution. It is their ownership that ensures long-lasting change.
- Measurement is the essential ingredient of process improvement. Without clear expectations for activity and sales performance management, sales improvement efforts seldom hit the mark.
- Support Systems including activity scorecards, technology, pipeline forecasting, territory plans, lead generation and strategy worksheets provide the tools to implement change. Tool development is not a one-time effort, but a continuous process of enhancing the tools, modifying them, and applying them to the business.
- Focus Coaching sustains excellence and builds employee loyalty. Coaches are the catalysts of team and individual effectiveness. Their ability to tap and stretch the capacity of each individual generates power and momentum.
- Training is the #1 intervention of sales training programs to communicate expectations, to stimulate growth, to lift individual performance. It must be a core practice, consistently applied and customized to fit your organization.
- Compensation and recognition practices must be aligned to strategy. Alignment creates leverage and increases the potential to maximize revenues.
- Customer Retention is the ultimate barometer of success. Its focus is indispensable, and everyone in the organization must take ownership for their role in adding value and enhancing the customer experience.
Get in touch with Mr. Sanjay Singh (Sales Coach & Mentor) to get More idea – For Sales Training, Sales Audit and Surveys, Sales Management Outsourcing, Sales Advisory, Business Strategy & Growth, Sales Benchmarking,Direct Selling, Channel of Distribution, Modern Retail Trade, Industrial Selling and Key Account Management,Lead Generation,Sales Process,Sales Funnel Management,Sales Dashboard Monitoring,Business Strategy and Growth,Competition Analysis,Go-To Market Plan
Watch On You Tube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIpd-Uon-a3kFAC4Y-cE29w
Mr.Sanjay Singh is a Sales Coach. He mentors CEO’s of SME and also consults reputed brands like ICICI, Airtel, Osborne-Lippert, Takshila, Godrej & Boyce, Grindmaster, Lemken, Cahors and many more. He is a visiting faculty at IIM Kolkota. He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
Strategic Concepts (India) Pvt. Ltd.
1st Floor, Above Indian Coffee House,
W.H.C. Road, Dharampeth,